This was shared with me years ago, and I cannot remember who. However I thought I’d share the information…..
The Kindle has a new competitor….a BOOK…Here is the Media Release.
THE LAUNCH OF BOOK
Introducing the new Bio-Optic Organized Knowledge device, trade-named BOOK.
BOOK is a revolutionary breakthrough in technology: no wires, no >>electric circuits, no batteries, nothing to be connected or switched on. It’s so easy to use, even a child can operate it.
Compact and portable, it can be used anywhere — even sitting in an armchair by the fire — yet it is powerful enough to hold as much information as a CD-ROM disc.
Here’s how it works: BOOK is constructed of sequentially numbered sheets of paper (recyclable), each capable of holding thousands of bits of information. The pages are locked together with a custom-fit device called a binder which keeps the sheets in their correct sequence.
Opaque Paper Technology (OPT) allows manufacturers to use both sides of the sheet, doubling the information density and cutting costs. Each sheet is scanned optically, registering information directly into your brain. A flick of the finger takes you to the next sheet.
BOOK never crashes or requires rebooting, though, like other devices, it can become damaged if coffee is spilled on it. The "browse" feature allows you to move instantly to any sheet, and move forward or backward as you wish. Many come with an "index" feature, which pin-points the exact location of any selected
information for instant retrieval.
An optional "BOOKmark" accessory allows you to open BOOK to the exact place you left it in a previous session — even if the BOOK has been closed. BOOKmarks fit universal design standards; thus, a single BOOKmark can be used in BOOKs by various manufacturers.
Portable, durable, and affordable, BOOK is being hailed as a precursor of a new entertainment wave. BOOK’s appeal seems so certain that thousands of content creators have committed to the platform and investors are reportedly flocking to invest. Look for a flood of new titles soon.
This story was shared with me many years ago but I think it is still relevant for today. It comes to me from the lovely city of Tel AVIV.
An encounter with a cockroach has resulted in burns, two broken ribs and a broken pelvis for a Givatayim resident .
The incident occurred after the man’s wife found a cockroach in the living room. The frightened woman stepped on the Insect and threw it in the toilet.
But the roach refused to die- So the woman sprayed It with a whole can of insecticide.
Some minutes later her husband came home from work and went to the toilet, where he lit a cigarette. When he threw the butt into the bowl, it ignited the Insecticide fumes seriously burning his sensitive parts.
An ambulance was rushed to the apartment on Rehov Hahistadrut. As paramedics carried the injured man on a stretcher down the stairs, they asked him what had happened.
When he told them, they began to laugh uncontrollably and dropped the stretcher, causing the man further injuries.
He was taken to Sheba Hospital In Tel Hashomer.